Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Year Older and So Much Wiser


I want to take a minute and thank those of you who visit my blog, even when I don't keep up with my posts or my sewing activities. I know you pass through to see what others are up to or check out some of the resources.

Today, I'm celebrating my birthday and I must say that I'm feeling fine right now. I've got a few more white hairs and more spots on my skin. I'm happy and healthy. I'm enjoying life.

To help me celebrate my day, I would like for each of you to take 30 minutes to an hour sometime today (and/or the remainder of the week) and enjoy one of your favorite hobbies. Make time for yourself. Create something for yourself. Let me know what you are going to do to help me celebrate.

Isn't this better than chocolates? And no calories, too! lol!

So, what am I going to be doing for a few hours today? Knitting at my LYS.

10 comments:

Adrienne said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Hope you have a great one!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Celebrate each gray hair and wrinkle. We can't do anything about getting older so why not enjoy it, well as much as you can. Have a great day.

Sherril said...

Happy Birthday! Good for you doing exactly what you want today. It is your day, after all.

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday! I've already taken your advice and will continue to do so for the rest of the day!

Clio said...

Happy Birthday!! Tonight I am going to practice yoga in honor of you. I hope it sends good karma your way for the next year.

gwensews said...

Happy Birthday. You earned every white hair and every age spot! I earned my white hairs too, but they are now red!

Claire S. said...

Happy Birthday ! Enjoy your knitting time. I already took your advice - Most days I work overtime. Today, I worked through my lunch and asked to leave early instead of adding that 45 minutes to my overtime bank. It wasn't hobby time but it was ME time - it was lovely getting home at 4 instead of 6 ! :-)

Faye Lewis said...

Very happy birthday to you!

Maryissewfast said...

Happy Birthday to you and thank you for the gift!

Kat said...

Happy Birthday!!! I spent 30 minutes and then some this week--making my maxi dress :) .