Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Fun and Busy Sunday

First off, I have to show my second attempt at B5191. I traced, cut, and sewed a size 12 and tried it on...the fit is tremendously better. I did not fidget (pull & tug) with this wrap top like I did with the size 10.

Adrienne...thank you for mentioning the lack of ease in this pattern. Once I re-looked at the finished bust size on the pattern piece, I realized I should have traced a 12 to begin with.

So, Susie-Q is borrowing my top for now. I still need to finish the armholes, hem the bottom, and add some snaps (to keep the wrap in place). A very productive Sunday for me.

I also managed a quick trip to G-Street Fabrics. They are having their Spring sale with 25% off most things. I picked up some Weft and Fusi-Knit interfacings to replenish my dwindling supply. I also found some really nice remnants for future jackets. Half of what I purchased is being pre-washed. Oooops, I forgot to take a picture of my new fabric. Picture this...me hauling two large G-Street bags to my vehicle. lol! The bags weren't stuffed...they were just heavy. :)

I also saw some really nice knit jersey prints at G. I am hoping they will have another coupon weekend so I can make another trip.

After G, I headed over to Trader Joes. TJ's is my favorite grocery store and that is where I try to do my main shopping. Their prices are great! And being a vegetarian (one year and 3 months), I have no problems finding meatless/vegetarian products there.

I came home to fix my DH's computer. I had installed the wrong Kaspersky product on his machine and when I tried to add the renewal activation code...it choked. Duh! So, I installed the latest anti-virus software (correct package) and put in the code...worked like a charm. I do not miss my tech support hat.

I fired up my juicer and made a carrot, apple, and pear concoction. Then I made dinner.

You know, since I am back to juicing...I am finding I have a lot of energy. I don't feel like napping in the afternoons anymore.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

yay! So glad it worked out better this time. Ater I saw your V8389 I went to pick up one...they do NOT have any! LOL I'll ahve to order that one online :-)

Blogger said...

Been using Kaspersky protection for a few years now, and I'd recommend this product to all of you.