Saturday, April 5, 2008

Pattern and Thread Storage

I have been under the weather this past week with a cold and so no sewing has been done.

I thought I would take this opportunity to show how I organize my threads and patterns. Most of my sewing storage organization comes from Walmart and Staples. I love my mobile carts. All of my Mettler threads are stored in two drawers on my mobile cart. I try to keep my cotton threads separate from my polyester threads. I also keep spools of my serger threads in one drawer.


Here is how I store my Mettler polyester threads (grouped by colors):



I use another cart to hold my patterns. Currently, I have them sorted by pattern manufacturer:


As you can see, one drawer can hold a lot of patterns and I can search through the patterns rather quickly.


I hope to get back into sewing real soon.

1 comment:

Kat said...

You definitely make a case for good organization :) ! Thanks for sharing--it gives me some good ideas.