Today, DB & I started out at 6:30am & walked down to the first Starbucks down at Pike Place. We took some early morning pics of the market as they were beginning to setup for their daily rush. If you can picture this, it was so calm & quiet. The only noise that could be heard was the few early bird vendors who were setting up their shops.
We had breakfast at Lowell's and had a nice view of the waterfront. Of course DB ate the most healthiest meal.
We headed down to the waterfront and went exploring from Pier 59 south.
We walked down to Yesler Way and made a left and came into Pioneer Square. Of course not much is going as it's still quite early. We backtracked back to the waterfront & waited for some stores to open around 9 or 9:30am.
We did some shopping at the Pier 55 Shirt Company. That was the best place for Seattle gift shopping. IMHO. Prices were reasonable.
We ate lunch at Fisherman's & had the best fish meal ever. Picture this...salmon steak for DB and swordfish for me.
Went back to Pike Place & the lunchtime crowd had converged. We managed to weave in & out of the large crowds and bought some fruit to take back to our room for snacking. We rested and then headed out to do some window shopping. I found See's Candies behind WestLake Center. I'm bringing back some wonderful dark chocolates for my DH.
Yes, we're running non-stop. This is my first time to Seattle and I'm having a blast! I think I brought the clouds with me because I have yet to see the sun shine here.
As soon as I can find some computer time, you know I'll be posting pictures & adding my labels to my post. I'll try to edit my Seattle posts to include the pictures so that you can "relate" to my Seattle adventure.
Stay tuned...
3 comments:
Sounds like you're having a great time! Any chance of going to the P/P School of Sewing since you're in that general region?
Hi Kat...I tried to post my reply via my Blackberry, but it disappeared. This was a short trip out west. P/P School of Sewing is on my list for another time.
Lovely posst
Post a Comment