I came across this at one of my knitting sites. It's a typing test. See how fast you can type.
Type all the words you see on the screen. Press the space bar after each word. Words that are typed correctly turn green. Words that are typed incorrectly turn red. Just keep typing until the screen disappears and calculates your score. You can find the links to the test below. Enjoy!
70 words
5 comments:
Susan, that was a fun little test. I got 75 but probably should have gotten an 80. I didn't realize the screen switched (and would keep switching), and I sat there for a few seconds until I realized what to do LOL. Actually (okay...I'm a certified Business Teacher and doing the teacher talk now), the test itself is not really a valid test and I'll tell you why. The brain and motor skills process actual sentences easier than words thrown together randomly. Remember the timed writings from high school? Those were actual sentences which flow better than random words. Technically, far easier on the eyes, hands, and brain putting it all together.
I'm betting you and I would probably type around 100 wpm on a keyboarding textbook two-minute timed writing. Those timed writing tests are actually far easier.
Enough with thee teacher geek talk... ;) . Face it, we're just nice and speedy!
Hi Kat...I agree with you that the typing tests were actual sentences. Last time I was tested (years ago), I clocked in around 90 wpm on an electric typewriter. I know I'm faster on the computer keyboard. So that means you and I are way over 100 wpm.
Thanks for posting the insightful comments and remembering the high school days. :)
Susan, I just remembered something. If we were able to read the text first before typing it, we'd be even faster--familiarity with material. I used to have my students orally recite the timed writings before typing them. Somewhere in my storage boxes is a book on the Method of Teaching Keyboarding. It was new when I started teaching and was chock full of tips on getting speedier fingers. Like the Internet speed test, the theory was lots of drill work on the common easy words to get speedy fingers even speedier. It's actually a very interesting book on methodology.
I was at 75. But, I'm curious now after reading the comments if I'm faster than that!
Cidell...yes, I'm sure you are typing faster. :)
Post a Comment