I was sitting on our front porch with DH. We were spending some quiet time reading and enjoying the nice weather we were having. I had my camera with me and gave my zoom lens a good workout. We had a lot of visitors spend some time in our front garden.
This was incredible to watch. DH had put the hummingbird feeder in our garden a few days ago. We were surprised to see the nectar disappear so quickly. So, DH refilled the feeder with more nectar. While we were sitting on our front porch, our friendly hummingbird appeared for a quick snack at the feeder. We were glad to witness this event first hand.
We noticed some butterflies flitting around. I followed a few and captured this Swallow Tail butterfly feeding on some flowers.
Then DH followed me into the garden to see what I was up to. He pointed out his little critter feasting on a Butterfly Weed plant. It's a Monarch catepillar. In a few weeks (and after munching out on the Butterfly Weed plant)...you got...it will become a Monarch Butterfly.
Last weekend I captured this little critter...a frog. It's the largest of two that we were able to find so far.I plan to hang out on the porch tomorrow morning to see what other visitors we might have.
And how is my Butterick jacket coming along? I've managed to sew the front and back pleats, shoulder and side seams, and getting reading to stitch the front and neck facings to the jacket. So, I am making progress and enjoying my sewing time this weekend.
1 comment:
Wow!! Your photos and little creatures are truly amazing!!!
Beautiful!!
Post a Comment