Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sewing Mojo & One Project at a Time...Whew!

What can I say? I am glad to be sewing again. Every now and then I do have a problem. I have all these sewing projects whizzing around in my head...constantly. Like right now, I'm thinking of 2 jackets and 4 fabrics. I'm getting a slight headache.

See this picture? This is the 1 yard EOS brocade remnant (60 inches wide) that I received the other day. See all those pattern pieces? They fit on the fabric. Yes, I'm doing the happy dance! I'm too tired tonight to cut out the fabric and I don't have enough light in my sewing room. For me, cutting black fabric at night is not a good idea. I'll let my fabric relax on my cutting table overnight. I'll get up early in the morning and start cutting away.

I did find the perfect buttons for this jacket at Hancock's. Of course, I forgot to take a picture of them. I'll save that for another post later.

I really need to focus on one sewing project at a time. That's the only way I can be sure to finish a garment.

So, how do you folks sew? Do you end up sewing one project at a time or do you have several ongoing projects?

2 comments:

Kat said...

Susan, definitely multiple projects. For example, tomorrow I'm cutting out DD#2's pajama pants and my capris.

kasizzle said...

I've never been considered ADD, but I have a hard time concentrating on just one project at a time. I always have several in the works.