It's all done! I finally got around to sewing the buttons on my jacket last night. I must be getting good at handsewing as it didn't take that long.I plan on wearing this jacket to my friend's birthday party. She will be the receiver of my LGD Runaround bag that I posted several days ago.
I have to say the more jackets I make from this pattern, the more I "live" in them. And you already know, denim is a comfy fabric and quite durable. I think this particular version could be worn all year round. During the cold months, I could wear a long sleeve t-shirt underneath. What do you think?
Here is one of the 3 buttons I used. I went down in button size for this jacket. I found these 7/8 inch buttons at Joann's. I like this size as it doesn't compete with the overall look of the jacket. I like the gold trim as it makes the jacket look more dressy casual.
I am happy that I've managed to sew one garment this month. My goal has been two a month. We'll see what I come up with in the next week or two.
4 comments:
Looks great on you!
CUTE, Sue!! I like this size buttons on us Petite gals!! HUGE could look clownish, eh!! :) ;(
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)
PS I just LOVE my "new Blog List"!! Thanks, again!!
I love it!!! Denim is such wonderful fabric, isn't it?
That jacket looks very nice on you. I might try one of them. The picture of the button looks like it has a flower design around it?
Post a Comment