Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Black and White Bag


I'm ending this month with another tote bag sewn for me. Here's the black and white home dec fabric version. I found a striped beige silk curtain fabric in my stash that I used for the lining.

I love how this bag turned out. Very chic, I may add compared to the others I have sewn.

My "classic" tote bag


I used apparel fleece, sandwiched between the main and lining fabrics. It really gives the bag a sturdy appearance. It feels really good to be able to use the fabrics from my stash.

I cut the bag pieces so well, that you can barely see the side seam in this view. It's more visible towards the top of the bag.

Side view


The bottom matched up nicely. Unfortunately, not many will see this.

Bottom view of bag



I tried to match the interior pockets the best I could. Of course, by the time I got to the bag bottom, no such luck. Oh well. I think it's time to move on to sewing some tops.

Interior - matching pocket stripe to lining


This is now my favorite bag of all the versions I have sewn. I love this black and white fabric. A very classic look from an ordinary tote bag pattern.

3 comments:

Clio said...

Tres chic! What a great job you did matching up all the stripes!

gwensews said...

Very nice. That print must have played havoc with your eyes, but you did a marvelous job matching.

Kat said...

May is Tote month! Love the chic one too.