This morning I was gathering my yarns for my next knitting projects when, lo and behold, I came across my pile of RTW pants that need to be hemmed. Lets say these pants have been sitting around in my sewing room for awhile. Moved from one pile to the next and getting my fingers poked by pins. I finally tackled two of the four. I cut the hems and now they are queued for my SM tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I'll have all four pants hemmed by lunch-time tomorrow.
Also in the sewing queue are two more tote bags that I cut out this afternoon. I enjoy carrying my knitting projects in these tote bags. Yes, I'm proud of my home dec fabric finds and enjoy showing folks my latest creations.
I've been going through my pattern stash looking for some t-shirts to sew. I'm hoping my tracing mojo will come back soon, so I can trace a bunch of patterns at one time. In the meantime, I'll pull out a few TNT patterns and see what I can get started with. You know, try to keep the sewing mojo going.
I've also hemmed another RTW t-shirt using my CS machine. After changing the threads, it stitched out beautifully on the first try. I finally got the hang of threading this baby. My next challenge is to use my binder attachment and practice sew bindings around the neckline.
I have a question for my fellow sewists. When you hem your t-shirts, do you use a narrow double cover stitch or do you use a wide cover stitch? Just curious to hear what you prefer.
Now, I'm off to do a knitting swatch for my Hey Teach lace cardigan. I'm itching to knit a more difficult garment and I think this will be a perfect one to keep my interest.
1 comment:
Oooooo - I hate little duties like hemming, taking in seams, (more likely) letting out seams. Although I'm glad when I get it done, I still don't like it - you're sooooo good to get all this done!
Post a Comment