Finally! My new brown pants are completed. I love them. I love the color. It's a medium brown cotton twill fabric that I found at Hancock's. I got the fabric for half off. I used about 1-1/2 yards, but purchased extra for pre-washing and shrinking. The cost for making this pair was under $8 including the cost of the fabric, thread, weft interfacing, and two hooks & bars. Not bad.I used my Kwik Sew 2840 pattern to make these pants. The picture on the envlope shows a cropped version with an inseam length of 25-1/2inches. I made no length alterations to the pattern and I think it's a perfect regular pants length for me.
The only pattern adjustment I made was increasing the crotch point (back pattern) by 1/2 inch. While I was sewing the back seam, I decided to take in the back waist.
Here's a picture of the slit hem of my pants. I love the detail and finish. It's a nice added touch to a plain pair of pants.I have posted my review at Pattern Review. You can see the review listed on the right side of my blog.
Now on to my next sewing project....
1 comment:
Great job!
Post a Comment