Oh I could really slap myself silly for this.
Since I have sewn 2 summer tops using KwikSew 3610 (yes, I made another), I am back into my sewing zone. Finally...at last. Got to love KS patterns for a quick sewing fix and a feeling of accomplishment.
I am now working on Butterick 5223...the new cute pleated jacket/top. This is a first for me to dive into a brand new pattern that I have only had for a week. I believe this pattern has been out for less than two weeks. I have sewn the pleats and have stitched the shoulders and sides seams. I have also stitched the front facing to the back facing. Well, guess what?? This Butterick pattern (like many others) doesn't use 1/4" seam allowances! Duh!!! Okay...I am now red in the face for slapping myself too many times.
Good thing I stopped sewing long enough to have my "duh" moment. Yes, I can resew my seams at 5/8" and trim off the 1/4" seams I made.
Okay, so maybe none of you have had this problem. That's what I get for sewing in the evenings when I am tired.
Now that I have blogged my frustration, I am about to take a 15 minute chocolate break and then fix my seams. Off I go...in search of dark chocolates....
2 comments:
You're not the only one! I've been sewing purses lately and the instructions vary between 1/2", 1/4", "a little over a 1/2" seam", etc. I constantly have to read the pattern instructions to make sure I don't make a stupid mistake.
And that jacket, that's going to be awesome!
Oh no! But, these things happen. I call them my Token Project Incident. It could be anything, and it strikes most projects, LOL.
Post a Comment