I finally found my Loes Hinse sweater set pattern late last night. It was tucked between two BWOF mags. Like that really made a lot of sense for safe keeping. Maybe that was my newly designated "to read" pile and I forgot. Who knows. Glad I found it.
I was able to find my first muslin for this LH sleeveless v-neck top that I sewed back in 2005. I have provided pictures below. As you can see, the front doesn't fit that well. So, my question to you lovely sewing sisters...do I need to do a full bust adjustment (FBA) or something else?


It may be hard to see, but there's a front seam under the v-neck. I had sewn another muslin that's a little bit larger and still had the same problem with the front pulled up.
My backside looks fine, no wrinkles or pulling. I just have a problem with the front. Would you believe this is the first pattern that doesn't fit?
I'm retracing the top so I have something to work with. In the meantime, I could really use your help in figuring this out.
4 comments:
Oh my! (Cheeky grin) It certainly does make you look curvelicious!
There was an article on the FBA in the most recent Threads - very clear and straightforward.
Good luck with the project! I can't wait to see how you tackle it!
You definitely need more room in the front. Doesn't even look like there is any ease at all. The side seams look to be pulling in front too. I think you could use a FBA along with an under bust dart to remove the excess around your midriff. With that curvy figure, it's hard to believe you don't have to alter on a regular basis. I'm jealous
I did an FBA one time, and it made a whole lot of difference. I hadn't made one before but after doing it, I saw how easy it was and how much it helped. Definetly worth doing. :)
Hugs,
Lory
I think you do need a FBA. You can see sligt pulls in the second photo pointing toward the bust. The first photo truly indicates to me that you need one as the front is shorter than the back. I like the Fit For Real People FBA's the best. There is a nice article in the current issue of Threads as someone mentioned earlier that I want to try, just a little different than the FFRP one. Also there is the pivot and slide method. Hope we all have been helpful!
Post a Comment