Saturday, March 28, 2009

You Know...That Special Safe Place



I was visiting Shannon's blog and saw her post for the Loes Hinse Sweater Set. I had made the sleeveless V-neck top before (2005), but it didn't fit me in the front. The front rode up my tummy and it was not a very good look for me. At that time, I didn't know what it needed nor did I know how to do pattern adjustments. I had just started to sew garments that year.

I remembered the sleeveless top sewed up beautifully and the V-neck was easy. I wanted to sew this top (view B, below) in the two leftover sweater knit fabrics that I used for my KwikSew cardigans. Well...

I had this pattern out and now it's disappeared. I probably had the intention of putting it in my special safe place, but it never got there. So, now I have to waste some valuable sewing time and hopefully not turn my sewing room upside down to find it.


Loes Hinse Sweater Set line drawing


I have an idea of what I need to do to get this top to fit. Wish me luck that I find this pattern before the weekend is over and I can post my results. That is, my alteration results. LOL!

9 comments:

Rhoto said...

Ah, Haa!! That "special safe place", eh!! Let me know if you find my ole' 23" waist while you're looking, eh!! Tee! Hee!!
Good luck!! I tease DH that looking for his things was part of our wedding vows, "To love, cherish, and to find things"!! ;)
Soft hug,
Rhonda in Montreal

Faye Lewis said...

I'm waiting to see the results. I know the feeling, I put my snips in a special safe place just last night and now I can't find them - forgot where the special safe place is.

Shannon said...

I swear, there are sneaky elves that come into our homes and pilfer our stuff. There is no other explanation for how things can essentially vapourize into thin air.

Sherril said...

I just spent the last week on vacation with a friend 10 years younger than I. At one point she begged me to get hormone help. She said, "Friends don't let friends lose their mind." Do you need help too?

2BSewing: said...

This is sad, I still haven't found the pattern. Darn those elves! Of course it didn't help that it reached 70 degrees today and I got distracted.

Sherril...I think I need some major help! lol!

Well, I did get a chance to do some research on FBAs. I'm sure that's the problem I'm having with the LH sleeveless top.

Lory said...

You lose stuff too? I atributed this problem to me being overly forgetful. But no, now I really think there are elves around, lol. :):):)

Hugs,
Lory

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

I love your twin sets made with the Kwik Sew pattern. I'm going to have to get that one.

Clio said...

LOL - It is incredibly reassuring to know that other people's house elves are just as mischievous as my own.

Claire S. said...

I'm right in there with the house-elves theory - it can't possibly be my own forgetfulnesws - nah ! LOL