Sunday, March 1, 2009

Spending Some Time in My Sewing Room


For some odd reason, I was having a hard time getting motivated to do some work in my sewing room. I laid out my black and white floral sweater knit fabric and cut out the pieces to make my KS cardigan. I wanted to use a black knit for the contrast binding around the front and back neckline. Well, the two pieces of black fabric I had were too short to cut out. So, I put that cardigan pieces aside...still trying to figure out in the back of my mind how I was going to resolve this slight issue.

I went ahead and decided to make the brown and blue floral sweater knit into the same KS cardigan. Yes, I will end up with two cardigans that have the same floral knit pattern. At least they are two different colors. After all, this is my TNT cardigan pattern and I'll wear this with my jeans around the house. I cut out all the pieces only to find that I had placed the sleeve going in the opposite direction of my front and back. Good grief! After slapping my silly forehead, I decided to make do with what I cut out. I think the fabric is busy enough that no one will notice. And if I don't say anything, no one will notice, right? So, for those of you reading this, Ctl-Alt-Del your brain and we'll pretend everything is hunky dory.

Oh, wow. I just had a light bulb go off my head. I think I solved my black binding problem. I'll just cut two strips and join the two pieces and place that seam at the back of the neck. Problem solved. Too bad I couldn't have solved this a few hours ago.

I'm glad I forced myself to cut out the cardigans. Now, I have something ready to sew when the mood hits me. Lets hope it hits me big time.

2 comments:

Rhoto said...

FUNNY blog article!!

Linda L said...

I nominated you for the Sisterhood award. Go to my blog to read your nomination!