Friday, March 20, 2009

Some Good News & Some Bad News

I was laid off from my job today. Yes, it's a sad day. So, I will allow myself to go through the emotions. I will pick myself up and move on. Change is good. As my dear friend, Laurie, reminded me...this may be a blessing in disguise. I have to agree with her.

Now, I can truly understand why I have a pattern, fabric, and notions stash. It's for times like these, that my sewing will calm my nerves. I can go shopping in my stash and whip up some creative garments. Feel like I've accomplished something. Feel good about myself.

I did find a part-time job at my LYS (local yarn shop). This is a great opportunity to expand my knitting experience and to teach others how to knit. I've already had the opportunity to share my sewing experiences as well.

I believe when one door closes, another one opens up. :)

(Note: for those of you who are reading this post and related to me, please keep this information to yourself. I don't need my mother checking her blood pressure every hour. LOL!)


On the sewing front, I've been busy. I went ahead and sewed up two more cardigans and posted an updated review on PR.

Two new lightweight sweater knit cardigans



I'm doing fine. My faith in God and my hobbies will help me get through this difficult time. Prayers are always welcomed.

9 comments:

Maryissewfast said...

Kudos to you for keeping a positive attitude! That part time job at a yarn shop sounds like a fun opportunity. It may not be as lucrative as your other job, but who knows what it could lead to or what other opportunities wait in store. Positive thoughts heading your way! Take care

Shannon said...

I'm sorry to hear of your job loss, but your positive attitude is enviable.

Love the new cardis - the teal is one of my favourite colours as of late!

Amy Bailes said...

You definitely have the right attitude! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Clio said...

Oh no! But I'm glad you will be keeping busy and look forward to seeing the results.

Rhoto said...

Soft hugs, Sue
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

Adrienne said...

((((HUGS)))))

So sorry to hear about this!

Linda L said...

I love that statement "when one door closes another one opens up". I have been hearing that a lot lately and I am sure that something will come along. Sewing and knitting are great stress reducers for many so keep on doing both. My thoughts are with you.

2BSewing: said...

Thank you everyone for your kind words, support, hugs, and prayers. I've been knitting like crazy and hope to start some sewing this week. Thanks again! :)

Kat said...

Susan, I'm so sorry to hear about this. This economy really stinks, but you have an amazingly positive attitude. I really thought Tuesday was the day for DH as 15 more people were laid off from his company. His review of the situation was, "Well, I'm good for another 3 months until they decide to do more layoffs." Sometimes I think this just prolongs gloom and doom.