Saturday, November 29, 2008

Playing Tourist for a Few Hours


I took my DB#2 to the Air & Space Museum in Chantilly, VA. We spent over 3 hours here. This was my 2nd trip to the museum and there was much more to see as they had finished the "Space Hangar" which included the Space Shuttle Enterprise. I let DB#2 linger around all the airplane engines displayed...as for me..."if you've seen one, you've seen enough".

Here's some pictures I took of our adventure:



The planes were everywhere:


Yellow ones:


My favorite shuttle picture...a winner:


The backside of the shuttle with DB#2 underneath:


One of 4 flight simulators:


Two simulators that actually roll and bump:




More planes:












And I couldn't get enough pictures of the space shuttle:


We were sooooo engrossed in all the planes, that we forgot to take a trip up to the tower. Next time.

So, if you are in or near the DC/Northern Virginia area...I highly recommend visiting this museum. It's less than a mile south of Dulles International Airport off of Rt 28 in Chantilly, VA. There's an entrance fee of $12/car. A real bargain if you can more than 4 people in your car.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Susan, that's awesome! Next summer DD#2 and I (maybe DD#1 too) are headed to Virginia for the ASA Softball Championships. I'm wondering if it's near DC, and I think it might be. I might take the girls if we're close and not too pooped on the way back.