I have posted this fabric before. I wanted to share with you the inside (edge folded down). It's a mid-weight home decorating fabric from Hancock's remnant table. I'm making this into a tote bag for an Xmas gift for my SIL. I was going to line it, but decided against it as I want to show off the interior.This morning I managed to cut out the two pieces for this tote bag. A step in the right direction to get my sewing mojo back.

Here's a VA Tech fabric I found also at Hancock's. This will be made up into another gift. I can't say what the final product will be, as a certain someone might be reading this post. I also managed to cut into this fabric.
I can now move around in my sewing room. I was able to remove a lot of clutter and re-organize my stash (notions & fabrics).
The other day, DH was listening to me complain about being behind in my sewing projects. He reminded me that "sewing" was suppose to be an enjoyable experience for me and not to get bent out of shape. Well...he's absolutely right.
I have taken a step in the right direction. I'm ready to sew again.
2 comments:
I hear ya!! It's hard not to get a bit too goal-oriented with sewing. There are so many projects I'd like to do, so many techniques I'd like to learn, so many beautiful fabrics in my growing stash... keeping perspective that this is a "hobby" is not always easy. Glad I'm not the only one!
My nephew would like that fabric! He's a sophomore at Virginia Tech. Those totes are a cool Christmas gift idea!
Post a Comment