Monday, November 17, 2008

Tote Bag Completed


It's done!



This bag is from my TNT Kwik Sew 2036 pattern. It was quick to sew up as I did not add my typical lining and I omitted the inside zippered pocket. Looks like I will have to make one for myself. This was from a 1-3/4 yard home dec remnant...enough to make two bags.

I created a stiff insert to give the bag a flat bottom. I measured inside of the bottom of the bag. The measurement came out to about 13-1/2" x 5-1/2". I used Darice stiff plastic canvas (perforated) from Joann's and cut to size. I covered it in a plain lightweight home dec fabric in a light color...it will be easy to find things at the bottom of the bag.


I am happy to be modeling the finished bag. I love the fabric design as well as the durability. I hope my SIL will enjoy the bag.

This will be a great bag to carry some books, magazines, a sweater, a bottle of water, etc. Times when you need to throw things into the bag and go.

5 comments:

Sherril said...

That's a really pretty bag.

Linda L said...

I like the bag and I love the fabric!

Clio said...

Looks great!

Kat said...

Great bag, Susan! I love the idea of covering the plastic canvas at the bottom. I was just leaving mine uncovered but that is just an unacceptable interior look. Covering it makes it looks much more professional.

2BSewing: said...

Ladies...thank you for the kind compliments. Kat...I used to stick the bare plastic canvas between the fabric and lining. Couldn't get away with it this time. :)