Sunday, December 21, 2008

BWOF 12-2008-113...completed

Okay, I've completed my first BWOF garment. I have to say, it was a very rewarding experiment experience. This is the beginning of a new adventure for me.



Here is my knit tunic on SusieQ. I made a size 38. It is quite loose fitting on me. I can actually wear a fitted t-shirt underneath. Looking at the pictures (models) in the magazine, this tunic is meant to be worn over a shirt/garment. That explains the fit.





My neckline appears to be very low in comparison to the line drawing provided below. I'll have to double check the pattern I traced...maybe operator error.



Just as everyone has mentioned, the BWOF instructions are very skimpy. Dawn, thanks for leaving your BWOF comment/suggestion. I ended up following my sewing intuition. I had to read between the missing lines to figure out the sewing instructions and use my own sewing experience to come up with my own sewing steps.

I will back tomorrow to post a picture of me wearing the tunic. A PR will be posted soon after.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I love that print! I changed the neckline on mine because I thought it would be too low. I layer everyday in the winter so its size is perfect for that.

Kat said...

Good for you! I have yet to sew a BWOF garment.