Since I'm up early this morning, I wanted to post my latest knitting project.
Awhile back, I had posted about purchasing fingerless gloves at Walmart. My sewing friend, Clio, made a comment that I could easily find a fingerless glove knit/crochet pattern and make them myself. She was right. That thought stuck in my head for several weeks as I was getting back into my yarn hobby. I finally found this lovely knitting pattern over at Bernat's site.
So, here is my version (still a work in progress) of the fingerless glove. I modified this pattern by shortening the length. The overall glove length is about 13 inches. Way too long for me. My version is only 8 inches in length. Short and sweet. My ribbed cuff is knitted in black Lion Brand Wool Ease yarn for 2 inches. Next I did the stocking stitch (Lion Brand Wool Ease - Denim Twist) for about 3 inches and finished with the final 3 inches of ribbing.That is one glove done. I am almost finished with the 2nd one. I am in the final ribbing phase. I ended up reversing the colors on this one as I was running out of the Denim Twist yarn. I had enough to make the cuff and switched to Black for the body and final ribbing. This was a great weekend project. I'm glad I was able to use up my leftover yarns from my scarf project.
I will post a picture later of my fingerless gloves and matching scarf set.
Clio...thank you for getting my creative juices going on this project.
No comments:
Post a Comment