I wanted to
I also sewed up a knit top from New Look 6735. Bad news for me...it was a wadder. I know, this knit top pattern received rave reviews on PatternReview.com and it's in the running for "One of the Best Patterns for 2008" and I couldn't get my first attempt to come out right. I cut out a size 10 when I should have used a size 12. It didn't look good on me. I also used an inexpensive jersey fabric...something that screamed "what was I thinking" when I bought this fabric? So, I need to dive into my fabric stash and come up with a fabulous fabric to get me out of this New Look rut.
It's been hard for me to get back into sewing knit tops. I am trying to stay away from my TNT KwikSew and Stretch and Sew knit patterns and expanding my horizons with Vogue, New Look, and eventually BWOF. Here again, I feel the need for a challenge instead of going back to my "safe" patterns.
For the next few days, I will be in my sewing room. In sheer bliss and the hum of my sewing machine.
***********
I wanted to add, that I'm looking for a knitting/yarn bag pattern. Not a regular rectangle tote bag, but a cylinder bag that can hold a ball or skein of yarn. I am looking for a quick and easy pattern to make for myself and for some friends. Please let me know.
7 comments:
http://www.knittingdaily.com/blogs/patterns/archive/2007/09/21/knitting-needle-knitting-bag.aspx
Here is another one you might be interested in.
http://u-handbag.typepad.com/uhandblog/2007/10/hex-open-bag--1.html
OK, last one is an Amy Butler pattern that could be used for a knitting bag. Let us know what you make. I just started knitting too and love it!
http://www.fabric.com/notions-patterns-sewing-patterns-by-category-handbag-purse-patterns-handbag-patterns-amy-butler-kimberly-bag-pattern.aspx
I really like the knitting needle bag over at the Knitting Daily site. I could take this with me on my adventures (waiting for this & waiting for that) and look very stylish. Love the knitting needles used as the top frame of the bag.
Oh my, I also like the hex open bag frame knitting tote bag at the uhandbag site. Great idea to use that type of frame for easy access into the bag and not worry about things spilling out when closed. Love that it includes a tutorial.
Cute Amy Butler bag. Great ideas for a bag. Thanks for sharing the sites.
Jump right in and sew those knits in 2009! I've always loved sewing knits--they're forgiving in that I don't need to spend time with the seam allowances if I'm not using my serger and the fit is easier than a woven :) .
Stock up on those stretch needles and get stitchin' girlfriend ;) !!
Keep at it with the knits. Right pattern, right fabric and boom! you're hooked for life.
I agree with Lindsay and Kat. Don't give up on knits. I tried that pattern and it was "meh" at best. The sizing was really wonky. There are other great knit patterns out there. I'm having a love affair with JStern Designs tee pattern right now (NAYY it just works really well and I like the fit). And I love the Jalie patterns. They are definitely worth a look.
Post a Comment