Sunday, December 14, 2008

Vogue 2925...Knit Top

I know...it's about time I started posting something about my sewing. Well, I am having a very productive sewing day. First, I managed to cut the fabric for my BWOF 12-2008-113 knit top. It is in my sewing queue ready to be stitched up.

Here is what I am working on now:


This the infamous Vogue 2925 ensemble pattern. I made the knit top. Can I mention that it was super easy?






Here's my knit top on SusieQ. I love the pleats at the front shoulder areas. I traced and cut a size 10. I found that the top was a bit snug using the 5/8 inch seam allowances. So I ripped out the side seams and re-sewed with 1/4 inch seams. A much better fit.





I absolutely love the neckline shape. It covers my front chest area nicely. The front shoulder pleats were easy to sew. The only time consuming part was folding over the neckline area and armholes and topstitching.

I still have to hem the bottom and it should be done.


My only heartache with this pattern is the size range. I bought the (6-8-10) pattern size for the knit top. If I want to make something else from this pattern (e.g. jacket, skirt), I have to purchase another pattern in size (12-14-16). Actually, I would like to try this knit top in a size 12 and I believe the next Vogue sale is this week. On my next version, I am going to add bindings to the neckline and armholes. I think it would be a nicer finish. This looks like a TNT pattern for me.

3 comments:

Linda L said...

I have had this pattern in my to do pile for sometime now. I like the look of it. Others who have made this have had good results as well.

Eileen said...

Love the top (and the fabric). I have this pattern too (in my growing collection). Joanne is having Vogue on sale $3.99 each starting 12/31 if you want to repurchase the pattern in a different size.

2BSewing: said...

Thanks for the complements and for alerting me to the upcoming Vogue sale.