Monday, December 29, 2008

More Knitting Projects

I finally finished my 2nd pair of fingerless gloves. The first glove only took a day to finish and the matching second glove took over a week to complete. That's what I get for having too many hobbies. Good thing I forced coaxed myself to finish. I would have hated walking around with one glove on. For the cuff, I used Moda Dea 'Vision' in Princess color. I love the striping it created. For the body of the glove, I used Lion Brand 'Wool Ease Worsted Weight' in Dark Rose Heather. The two colors worked well together. I used size 9 knitting needles.


Here's a practice cable scarf. I actually finished this right before Christmas. I wanted to show off the edging of the scarf. Basically, I slipped the first stitch off (left needle to the right needle) at the beginning of each row and proceeded with the patterned stitches. Slipping the first stitch gives the edge a really clean finish. Also, I noticed the scarf didn't curl towards the wrong side. The scarf is actually not that red, but more rose color. I wanted to show the details of the scarf/stitches and ended up bouncing my flash.


Here's another cable scarf sample in the works. I'm using Lion Brand 'Wool Ease Thick & Quick' yarn in Wheat color and size 15 needles. For this scarf I'm reversing the cable. Try something different. Working with this thicker yarn is just wonderful. Makes the knitting go faster, but also the scarf has a nice body to it.


So far, I've managed to finish all my knitting projects that I started. I think I'm starting to prefer knitting over crochet. Now, I would not have made that comment a few months ago...when I was still trying to figure out the knit and purl stitches.

No comments: