I found this nifty Rubbermaid storage organizer at Staples late last year. I keep this organizer to the rear of my sewing machine. It has two cutouts on top to store my small scissors, seam gauge, marker, pencil, and miscellaneous items.Under the fold down plastic lid, I store an extra pin cushion and spools of special threads.
There are 3 drawers where I store my: short spools of threads, Mettler threads, bobbins, extra SM feet, SM needles, buttons, and snapsWhile I am sewing, I have have the tendency to scatter my tools/notions across my sewing table. When I am done sewing for the night, I quickly gather all my tools and notions store them in my organizer. When I am ready to start sewing again, it’s all in one location. Since my sewing time is so valuable, I don't want to waste time looking for things. And have you ever put something away in a safe place only to forget it later? This is also my safe place organizer.
2 comments:
By the end of a day of sewing it usually looks like a bomb blew up on my table. I totally need to follow your lead and get an organizer!!
This is really cool, Susan. I desparately need to get out of small cardboard boxes and into something more durable and just plain old organized. I bought a point turner in March, a 1/4" foot for my machine last year, a new seam gauge and I can't find any of them right now :( .
Post a Comment