Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Progress on my shirt

My pink floral shirt is coming along nicely. I made a lot of progress last night. I was able to stitch the front and back facings into the shirt. It needs a good press.

For now, the main part of the shirt is on Susie-Q...until tonight when I tackle the sleeves and split cuffs. I am learning to sew in stages (versus sewing for hours on a weekend). Thank goodness for the brighter June evenings as the sun doesn't go down until around 8:30pm. This allows me to have atleast 1-1/2 hours of sewing time after dinner.

I did take some interim pictures, but decided not to post. I want it to be a surprise. My attempt to sew something with light colors. This shirt is light and cheery and will definitely stand out in my closet (among my black pants and my black tops). :)

2 comments:

Kat said...

Pink floral??? I presume you are going to wear it with black pants, right? :) !!! You are looking mighty good in these colorful florals, Susan. Move over black ;) .

2BSewing: said...

Oh Kat...how did you know that's what I was going to wear the shirt with? ;)