This is Butterick 4659. I had previously posted this pattern on my to do list and I am finally going to make it. I have traced view A (purple top in the drawing) and the fabric pieces are already cut and ready to sew. I am making a muslin in a size 10. The finished bust is 38 inches. This looks to be semi-fitted. The muslin I selected is a light pink/off white/pale yellow/rose colored floral cotton (soft) fabric from my stash.I have read the previous PR reviews on this pattern and will watch for the gotchas. It appears the collar might be an issue, but I have worked with a similar KS pattern and believe I can get through this pattern without any problems.
This cute pattern is Butterick 5216. I am in the process of hemming view A, the gathered top with the ties in the front. Does this look familiar? Yes, I have done a similar version using KwikSew 3610. The KS pattern uses front and back facings to incorporate a casing for the tie. This Butterick pattern uses a fold over (casing) and stitch method.A big plus with this Butterick pattern is the option to have the tie in the front of the top instead of the side. All it means is stitching a buttonhole in the front. Another plus for this pattern is the wider shoulder strap created from the wide tie. I have tried this top on with a regular bra and the tie straps does a decent job of hiding my bra straps. You will have the opportunity to see that when I post my review on PR. So, I already give this pattern a "I highly recommend" and "easy to sew" ratings. A bargain if you can get this pattern on sale for $0.99 (like I did).
Happy June!
1 comment:
Can't wait to see them sewn up!!!
Post a Comment