Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Self Indulgence…Burda World of Fashion (BWOF)

After a few years of watching fellow sewers on PR whip up fantastic BWOF garments and outfits, I decided to take the plunge and order my first issue. I was anxiously awaiting my June issue when I received an email that the magazine was delayed another week. Okay, I have plenty of other things to do…like writing on my blog, organizing my room, etc. Finally, it arrived in this week’s mail from SewBaby.com. Poor DH didn’t see me for hours that evening as I was pouring over the magazine (pictures, drawings, and instructions) and understanding the layout of the patterns.

Will I try something from this June issue? You bet! After all, I have a lot of tracing paper to use. Now, I just need to figure out which garment to make.

I have to say I’m in awe of this magazine. I feel like I have reached a new sewing level and territory. I have ordered a 6-month subscription to BWOF.

I will definitely have a future post on BWOF…my findings and personal take on this magazine. First, I need to do a lot of absorbing.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

You will love BWOF! I have loved everything that I have made!!! Good luck! They also have a yahoo group burda english that is fantastic. The ladies there are very helpful.

Maryissewfast said...

Welcome to the club! I learned about BWOF when I started reading sewing blogs and now I can't get enough!!! I have bought older issues off of ebay and many of the styles are classic and work today! Mary

2BSewing: said...

Ladies...thank you for your feedback and comments on BWOF. Adrienne...do you realize you are one of the enablers? lol! Thanks for reminding me about the Yahoo group. Sewfast...I have a good feeling I'm heading down that path. You are right about classic styles and also very unique lines.