It all started with a simple Simplicity pattern 3 years ago. I cut out the pattern pieces to the size I thought I was, sewed up the top…and it didn’t fit and it just looked terrible on me. First frustration and not a good sign for a beginner. Back to Hancock’s and I am introduced to Kwik Sew patterns. Came home with new pattern in hand and fell in love with the sturdy pattern paper. What did I do? I take my scissors and cut out the pattern pieces with the size I thought I was. Fortunately, that top I made did fit me.
Then I was scratching my head. Expensive pattern, now cut out to a specific size. Can’t reuse for another size. Duh!
I did some research to see what others were using. I went to my local favorite stores to see what was available. I happened to stumble upon the Staedler paper at Staples.
With my second KS pattern, I taught myself to trace a pattern. Out of habit, I continue to trace all my patterns. Even the Big 4 patterns (and I dislike the pattern paper they use).
Why do I trace?
- I trace to keep the original pattern in tack
- I trace to make adjustments on the traced paper.
I have traced a lot of patterns and some of you are probably wondering...where do I put my traced pattern pieces? That will be another post for another day.
My next post will be on “How Do I Trace My Patterns".
1 comment:
Wow! I didn't start tracing patterns until I started using BWOF.
Post a Comment