It is definitely Summer and we have many plants that are showing off their bright colors. This is a picture of our front curb garden that faces the street/cul-de-sac. Everytime I back out or come into our driveway...I get this wonderful view. So, one morning I did remember to take a picture.
It amazes me that bees don't seem to mind me taking pictures of them. We have all types of critters flying around our gardens. Besides bees, we have butterflies, moths, and a hummingbird or two visiting each day. We have many daylilies in a variety of colors. Thanks to DH's good friend, who is a grower...he keeps sending over some wonderful plants.

And our live-in bunny who doesn't seem to mind my picture taking...

...she's just happy to be hopping from one garden to the next:

Now to my sewing topic. I've been thinking about sewing all week long. I am making another pair of shorts. This time I made my pattern adjustment (increase my crotch point by 1/2 inch to the back pattern piece) to the shorts pattern I reviewed recently. I also shortened the length of the shorts by an inch. My fabric is all cut out and pieces are interfaced and ready to sew. I can't wait to see how this version will fit. I am, again, working with a cotton twill fabric with no stretch. This time in a raspberry color! Don't worry...I've got some cool looking black fabric waiting to be made up as cropped pants. lol!
Oh, and I've been in the kitchen with DH this evening, preparing meals for our local SERVE.
Have a great weekend!
1 comment:
Those are beautiful flowers, Susan. I love any flowers that resemble daisies. Daisies are my absolute favorite flower! It's a cheerful, "friendly" flower IMO.
Post a Comment